I hesitate to use that hashtag (#SheddingForTheWedding) because I’m definitely not doing anything drastic, I think brides should look like themselves (after all, your fiance loves you for you!). But there’s no harm in trying to feel and look your best for your big day! I know I am!
It’s no secret, we all feel our best when we are active and fueling our bodies with better food than french fries. In my opinion, feeling our best leads to us looking our best. Not because we are skinnier, but because we are more confident and feel like the best version of ourselves.
So I’ve basically taken a heightened approach to my fitness habits — not letting myself slip as often or take as many off days. Most of us need to set goals for ourselves, a deadline or an excuse for us to snap into action — that’s why so many people sign up for marathons or 5Ks. So you should definitely treat your wedding day like that! Make it a goal for yourself to feel your best that day!
Here are goals I’ve set for myself ahead of the wedding:
- Get 10,000 steps EVERYDAY — no excuses!
- Do some sort of toning moves 5 to 6 days per week (remember to give your muscles time to recover!) My favorite classes at Everbalance Yoga, Barre & Pilates Studio always do the trick, or if I can’t make it into the studio squeeze them in at home with ToneItUp (or sometimes do both!).
- Dessert only once/week (curb those sweet cravings with a bite of chocolate after dinner).
- When I travel, don’t skip workouts.
- Put on the weight! (Increase the weight I’m lifting that is 😉💪🏼)
Becoming a part of the Everbalance family has been a big part of my wedding prep. It has allowed me to insert more variety into my workouts, push me like I wouldn’t on my own and has become something on my schedule I cannot skip. I highly recommend mixing up your fitness life ahead of your wedding to spice things up. Joining a studio even allows you to share your fitness journey with your friends. They can go to classes with you too! Not to mention it’s an escape from the wedding planning stress (just like a round of golf with your friends!)
What did you do to help prep for your wedding? Share in the comments below!